Noosa International Film Festival
The Noosa International Film Festival (NIFF) aims to become one of Australia’s leading regional film festivals. NIFF is a film festival for filmmakers and film lovers to enjoy. Presenting a diverse program of Australian and international feature-length films, high-quality short films, and inspirational workshops and talks with leading industry experts.
Alison Jane Communications was engaged pro bono as Creative Partner to lead and manage the festival’s Marketing and PR, from 2016 to 2018. Alison supported the development and launch of the festival in 2016 and joined the Management Committee in 2017, strengthening her strategic involvement in the festival. We developed the Festival’s Marketing Strategy and led a team of volunteers to support the delivery of the festival’s marketing, promotion and customer experience. Responsibilities included developing the sponsorship packages to ensuring all partners received appropriate recognition, ticketing setup and operations, festival communications and customer service, website development and management, social media marketing, media relations and event management.
Credit: This festival highlights video was produced by Tame Fox Productions for Noosa International Film Festival.
What we achieved
- Year on year growth, increasing ticketing revenue by 25% in its third year.
- Positive engagement with Noosa’s community, visitors and screen industry.
- Returning government funding and media partners and local business sponsors.
- Welcomed 250 guests to the NIFF Opening Night event (2018), including attendance by Festival Patron and internationally renowned cinematographer, John Seale, and Australian Film Director, Heath Davis.
- Sold out 7 events at the 2018 festival.
- Earned over $195,000 in generated media coverage (2018).
- Achieved more than 1,940,000 impressions across traditional and digital media channels (2018).
What we did
- Probono Marketing Partner (2016, 2017, 2018)
- Marketing Strategy & Management
- Branding Creative Direction
- Publicity & Media Relations
- Sponsorship Management
- Event Management
- Volunteer Coordination
- Social Media Management
“Alison successfully delivered the marketing program for NIFF over three years, on time and on budget. Her strategic marketing focus has resulted in the success and growth of the festival since its inception. She is easy to work with and always positive. I would highly recommend her services.”
Holly Pitman, Festival President 2018 – Noosa International Film Festival